Can’t renew my Pro-Account…

I can’t renew my account ….
Anyone an idea?

2 Likes

I have been trying for 6 months. Unsuccessful still.

2 Likes

I’m just noticing that the App Store page for Trails doesn’t mention there’s any in-app purchases anymore, which was how it originally worked to subscribe to it. So without in-app purchases, getting a new subscription, or even restoring an existing one, might be impossible.

My question now is this: does it limit the number of tracks or any other features in the free mode? If so, the app feels like a weak placeholder for either a slow reduced-ability death or an eventual update and re-approval for purchases. If not, and it’s unlimited, it’s basically free and that’s the final nail in the coffin that it’s all it ever will be, short of being replaced by a separate all-new version, which I find very doubtful at this point.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Last year (2022) I somehow managed to get the subscription renewed, but this year (August 2023) no luck. Any suggestions are welcome.

Same here, currently dead in the water with regard to renewing. I emailed support but haven’t heard back :frowning:

Same problem and not a Word how to solve it.

Same problem and no feedback from the support team

me to! nobody answer to my support emails!!

Same Here! Now I made a backup of my tracks and then deleted the App. After reinstalling the basic App everything seems to work again! Only, after importing the backup again the same problem.
So I guess I will use it with a blank memory…
I did not try if there is a maximum amount of recordable tracks…. Keep you posted!

2 Likes

Also experiencing same issue. This was a great app despite being a side project for the developers. If they can announce what needs to happen to get it back up and running would be great

1 Like

The topographic map is back but still no subscription option. I hope this is also fixed soon. It really is one of the best apps available for hiking.

1 Like

Thanks. So does it now limit you to five tracks? Since it won’t allow us to renew subscriptions, it also will not allow me to even record a new track. So I guess I too will do what you did. Delete it all and start fresh and keep it, likely, under 5 tracks.

I also wonder whether that backup is useful at all since Trails is apparently defunct. That backup does not seem to be in .GPX or any useable format other than to restore to Trails - which won’t work as Foepie said - you have to use it clean and, likely, with a max of 5 tracks/routes.

Any individual track can be exported as a gpx file. Hit the share button in the top right, GPX is an option. Then it’s a matter of transferring the file (airdrop, iCloud, some other file sharing, or email)

1 Like

I don’t know about the number of trails but now that my original subscription has ended I can’t import gpx files anymore. And I can’t renew my subscription. So I guess the fact that the maps are back doesn’t mean the app is.
Real pity.

1 Like

I’m about to be in the same boat. My pro subscription expires in 2 weeks, only then will I bid this amazing app farewell. Disappointed, but I’m not going to dwell on it any more than I already have if there’s literally nothing I can do about it. Really only posting here to maybe make some traffic, as if that could possibly help.

Same here :sob:
Hello support team, anyone ?

Have same problem - any results in this group of dissapointed users?